February 5th, 2016 by Dr. Charlsey Sharon Chumley
Congratulations are in order for 31 great NISD student artists:
- One Grand Prize Winner featured on all publicity items for Los Leones
- Nine place winners — 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places at three levels — elementary, middle, and high school
- 21 semi-finalists.
The grand prize winner and the nine place winners will have art work framed and certificates presented at the Los Leones opening ceremony. This year, Los Leones will be held at Marshall HS, February 27, 2016, 8:30 am-2:00 pm. Prizes that accompany the ten winners will be delivered later and not presented at the event.
The twenty-one semi-finalists’ art teachers will receive certificates for their student artists at their campuses.
Please check the links and congratulate our NISD student artists.
January 14th, 2016 by Dr. Charlsey Sharon Chumley
Elementary, hopefully you have been working hard on this — Texas Cavaliers, River of Champions! Everyone has a great shot winning this one and it is such a Marvelous Contest. Don’t miss your chance to enter this one for elementary only. Do some research on your city district/ district number and teach the kids about your school’s district. See the three very important documents in the links below. These were sent in e-mail before Thanksgiving, but many asked if I would post them on the blog. The deadline for submitting artwork is February 3, 2016.
January 12th, 2016 by Dr. Charlsey Sharon Chumley
Check the links below for the permission slip, in both English and Spanish, for the Los Leones Publicity Contest . Be sure a copy of this permission slip is attached to the back of your 5 art pieces submitted to central office. Remember, these 5 art pieces are due TUESDAY, JANUARY 26, 2016.
December 31st, 2015 by Dr. Charlsey Sharon Chumley
The start of the Los Leones Publicity Contest welcomes us back from winter break. All Northside Art Teachers and Art Specialists are eligible to enter their art students’ artwork in this rewarding contest.
All information and instructions needed to enter is available in today’s post. Click on the link below and start today.
The due date is January 26, 2016. You have only 23 days for one of your students to become a winner.
December 17th, 2015 by Dr. Charlsey Sharon Chumley
Everybody, Get ready for the 19th Annual Los Leones Student Art Festival! Circle your calendar now for Saturday, February 27, 2015 from 8:30 am to 2 pm. This festival has grown into a new location. We are moving the whole fun-filled festival to Marshall High School located at 8000 Lobo Lane, 78240
NISD teachers with installations for this year, your set up day will be Friday, February 26. High School teachers will be provided a sub and will need to be there at 8:00 am to get Installations started. Middle School and Elementary Teachers will not need a sub as you will come as soon as students are dismissed for early release.
All NISD teachers, you will need to start the publicity contest the day you return, January 4, 2016. Details will be posted on January 4. Turn around is short; each teacher needs to turn in 5 entries to Dr. Chumley’s office Here are the due dates:
January 4, start the contest
January 26, all entries due; 5 per teacher
January 27, first judging
January 28, final judging
February 9th, 11th, and 16th Posters for campuses picked up at Inservices and posted on your campus
Check the link to see who exhibits artwork at Los Leones this year.
November 3rd, 2015 by Dr. Charlsey Sharon Chumley
The 2015-2016 year for Northside ISD art teachers is underway with outstanding inservices and trainings already in stride. These outstanding opportunities are open only to NISD educators and provided without cost to our teachers. Northside believes in staying ahead of the curve in art teacher preparation. Check out the links below to see what has occurred and what else will happen throughout the year. AWESOME is the word.
September 8th, 2015 by Dr. Charlsey Sharon Chumley
The display of student art from ages K-12 is a highlight around Northside. Year around displays may be seen in the administration venues in Northside ISD. Teachers, parents, and campus personnel, please check the links and see when your students will be showcased. The links include instructions for each venue. Put the dates on your calendar and enjoy the shows!!
August 26th, 2015 by Dr. Charlsey Sharon Chumley
Welcome to all NISD art instructors. Please check this blog regularly for information. We will be converting to a Google Blog this year, but until then, this is your avenue of information.
- September Art Alignment. September 24, 2015, 4:30 – 6:30 pm, Testing Annex behind Student Services Building at 5651 Grissom, 78238. Information regarding which part of NISD will attend Los Leones and which will attend Art Fest will be ready and you will have time to design and plan your installations for exhibits.
- Los Leones. February 26, 27, 2016, Marshall High School in Leon Valley; change of venue due to size of event.
- Art Fest Week. April 25 – 30, 2016, Paul Taylor Field House on Culebra.
- Inservices and District Exhibits for Administration Buildings are being prepared currently and should be posted soon.
SECONDARY ART KITS
- Approved. Vendor will be Asel’s Art. Both MS and HS kits have a different price than last year so check web pages and remove the prices posted last year.
- We are waiting on sale’s tax amount, but should have sample kits soon and a price so you can start selling. Even with higher prices this year, it is still the best bargain on buying art supplies anywhere.
ART I TEACHERS (MS AND HS)
- The newly standardized Art I for HS Credit for MS AND HS is making its debut and coming on board with more ease each day. It began with an assignment for day one and two. If you did not do this assignment, go back and do it before the week is over. This pre-assessment assignment is an integral part of Art I .
- The Middle School letters to parents for art were sent out with the Spanish and Algebra letters. This course is set up under the same umbrella as the other MS courses for HS credit.
- The committee programmed the first 12 weeks of the course. The syllabus has you currently finished with Assignment One and into the Quick getting started practices from tabs one and two. Check where you are and stay on schedule.
- Weeks 13 through 18 will be printed soon and that will cover the first semester. The writing of semester two will be completed during the first semester by committee. Remember this committee is open to all MS and HS art teachers who want to work.
- Be sure to get the Syllabus posted on your campus art department page and check to see if it is appearing as designed — several campus webpage links are not working correctly with this item.
- Send photos of students working and a short spiel to me for the Fine Arts Web Page.
June 15th, 2015 by Dr. Charlsey Sharon Chumley
All students have been registered, teachers have been assigned, and the fun begins Monday, June 15. If you are a teacher in these camps check the links for final information and assignments.
June 5th, 2015 by Dr. Charlsey Sharon Chumley
Check it out: Lenise Perez-Miller is in the news. Lenise opened Blattman Elementary twelve years ago and started a wonderful tradition for graduating 5th graders to leave their art mark on the school. These artworks range from totem poles to wall art and many creative ideas between the two. Click on the link below and see this year’s art legacy — truly amazing. Congratulations Lenise and Blattman 5th graders — you rock art style